ALL NEWS UPDATES ARE HERE

Quetta attack: Security forces kill 2 terrorists, rescue 200 cadets

QUETTA: The security operation against militants who had conducted an attack on Quetta's Police Training Centre on Monday, was underway as 200 cadets who were held hostages were rescued and two militants were killed, according to Balochistan Home Minister. 
According to details, twenty-nine persons were injured when the Police Training Centre situated at Sariab road in Quetta came under attack late Monday night. According to the ISPR, 5-6 terrorists entered the hostel of the Police Training Centre and opened indiscriminate fire. ISPR also disclosed that FC personnel and police had reached the place of the attack and surrounded the training centre. 
An emergency was imposed across hospitals in Quetta. According to sources, four cadets, who got injured while escaping from the attack, were shifted to a nearby hospital for medical treatment. Hospital sources confirmed that twenty-nine persons were admitted into Quetta Civil Hospital for medical treatment. 
Out of the twenty-nine injured personnel, two belonged to FC while the remaining were police officers. Sources claimed that three blasts were heard from inside the Police Training Center, which most likely resulted from hand grenades. 
The spokesperson for the Balochistan government spoke to Geo News. He disclosed that usually, there were as many as 200-250 cadets who were present in the Police Training Centre in Quetta.  
Speaking to Geo News, Balochistan Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti said that so far, reports of one person being injured in the attack had been received and no one loss of life had been reported so far. Bugti said that the operation against the militants was underway.
"If the need arises, we will also contact the armed forces for help," he said.  
Balochistan health minister said that four persons had been shifted to the hospital and none of them were critically injured. 
We had received intelligence reports of the attack 4-5 days ago: CM Balochistan
Speaking to Geo News, Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Zehri said in response to a question that the government had received intelligence reports a couple of days earlier of the presence of a couple of militants who had entered Quetta to carry out subversive activities. 
"I am personally monitoring the security situation at the moment," he said. "Those responsible for the terrorist attack will be brought to book," he added. 
Zehri said that as soon as the government had received intelligence reports of the presence of militants in the city, Quetta had been put on high alert. 
The News

No comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Powered by Blogger.